Profile Picture

Chart objects

Posted By phg 10 Years Ago
Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)
Posted Wednesday January 31 2007
How do you remove a chart object? A horizontal line, for example?

If you dag an object (horizontal line) almost off the (top of) chart it does not entirely disappear and cannot be reselected. How can it be gotten rid of?

-Pete

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Pete,

If something gets out of your reach, you can resize the values on the axis.  Let's say the horizontal line is at the very top of the chart, grab the Y axis and drag it down and this should put your chart object within reach.  There's a demonstration on how to do this here: http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Demo/RightEdgeCharts.exe or the WMV version is here: http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Demo/RightEdgeCharts.wmv

phg (1/31/2007)
How do you remove a chart object? A horizontal line, for example?

If you dag an object (horizontal line) almost off the (top of) chart it does not entirely disappear and cannot be reselected. How can it be gotten rid of?

-Pete

phg
Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)Supreme Being (44,909 reputation)
Thanks Bill. I discovered that 'delete' will remove a selected chart object. It would be more intuitive if 'Remove Indicator' worked for objects as well.

Moving the Y-axis doesn't do the job. If you have a horizontal line that moves off the screen vertically, it is gone forever except that the text remains. But there is nothing that can be selected. Well, not entirely. All lines stop extending the right, so if you scroll back on the x-axsis the (static) lines are there. This includes the lines that never were off the chart; all extending stops when any one line moves off the chart (although I have one case that seems to be an exception; one line is extending the other is not).

It surely would be nice if objects persisted on charts. I've marked some charts where I have bought or sold with horizontal lines. But they will all be gone when I restart tomorrow.

-Pete

-Pete

Oh, I thought you knew the Delete key worked, but you had gotten a chart object out of reach.  Sorry I misunderstood the question.

We do have a feature request in to persist chart objects.

phg (1/31/2007)
Thanks Bill. I discovered that 'delete' will remove a selected chart object. It would be more intuitive if 'Remove Indicator' worked for objects as well.

Moving the Y-axis doesn't do the job. If you have a horizontal line that moves off the screen vertically, it is gone forever except that the text remains. But there is nothing that can be selected. Well, not entirely. All lines stop extending the right, so if you scroll back on the x-axsis the (static) lines are there. This includes the lines that never were off the chart; all extending stops when any one line moves off the chart (although I have one case that seems to be an exception; one line is extending the other is not).

It surely would be nice if objects persisted on charts. I've marked some charts where I have bought or sold with horizontal lines. But they will all be gone when I restart tomorrow.

-Pete

phg
I see what is happening now. Once a horizontal line goes off-chart, even if that position subsequently moves back into view, extending is stopped and does not resume. I would say that is not a behavior one would prefer.

-Pete