Profile Picture

Accessing System Parameters

Posted By pch 7 Years Ago
Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)Supreme Being (2,285 reputation)
Posted Thursday February 25 2010
Hi,

I am brand new to RE, actually quite new to C# as well, and just downloaded the 2010 environment.
I am trying to start with a simplistic MA crossover system, which I would like to try and optimize just to understand how it works.
I have declared a System Parameter called "Length" in the Properties of the trading system.
I am trying to reference this parameter with the following instruction in my code :
static int maLength = SystemParameters["Length"] ;

I have not been able to compile the code because of the following error :
An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'RightEdge.Common.SymbolScriptBase.SystemParameters.get'

Could someone please help me with this ?
Thanks in advance,

Pierre

Sorry for disturbing : this is solved. It just required to put the instruction in the proper paragraph of the code, and not to forget to convert the parameter which is double to int via :
    maLength = System.Convert.ToInt32(SystemParameters["Length"]) ;

Pierre

Edited: Thursday February 25 2010 by pch