RightEdge Beta 4, Build 289
A quick bug fix build as we've addressed a number of issues over the last week.
Some notable tweaks are the Interactive Brokers and OpenTick historical retrieval capabilities. Note that IB limits the rate at which you can request data. You are limited to 60 requests every 10 minutes. Each request can be for a maximum of 2000 bars or 1 week of data. If you send too many requests within 10 minutes, IB will give you a "historical data request pacing violation" error, and you'll have to wait for up to 10 minutes before sending another request. You may want to set the download start date in the folder settings.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 288
- 757 RESO FIXE Exception on read only source file
- 786 RESO FIXE DnD system crash on GetInputs
- 761 RESO FIXE Systems referencing chart objects fail
- 759 RESO FIXE Exception on read only project file
- 764 RESO FIXE ChartImage doesn't plot
- 765 RESO FIXE Connect/Disconnect are not called
- 768 RESO FIXE Make bar data editor date format local
- 682 RESO FIXE Remove or create option for currency symbol
- 683 RESO FIXE No overload to name a position in OpenPosition
- 697 RESO FIXE Modify base addresses of DLLs to avoid relocation on load
- 732 RESO FIXE Output Pane does not display the Symbol
- 773 RESO FIXE Option to clear the output pane
- 774 RESO FIXE Add warnings to build output
- 776 RESO FIXE Editor crash (see details)
- 781 RESO FIXE Crash on position labels
- 772 RESO FIXE Missing toolbar & menu items
- 783 RESO FIXE Document Select Live Chart screen
- 753 RESO FIXE Add a way to purge raw data
- 779 RESO FIXE Binary data store does not strip invalid characters
- 760 RESO FIXE Shorting is busted
- 785 RESO FIXE Attached file does not import
- 782 RESO FIXE Import does not non-delimited time and date
- 747 RESO FIXE file importer file selection not correct.
- 645 RESO FIXE RE hangs waiting for IB historical data
- 784 RESO FIXE Document Output pane.
- 758 RESO FIXE Update samples in end user documentation
- 726 RESO FIXE Rewrite position manager to support pyramiding / changing...
- 443 RESO FIXE Add historical support for OpenTick
Known Issues To Be Addressed Before Release
- 712 cri Stop limit for brokers not supported
- 725 cri Exception when no broker is configured
- 751 cri Update documentation to reflect new screens
- 756 cri Bars held can be 0
- 788 cri Update broker sample to reflect IBroker changes
- 610 maj Help for System Components pane
- 688 maj Have an option to force round lots
- 727 maj Fix commissions
- 775 maj Switch to the output panel if there's output
- 777 maj No output shown on Shutdown
- 778 maj Wrong % on begin / end date.
After the successful download of RightEdge, extract the zip file to a temporary directory and run the Setup application. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is now available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team