Profile Picture

Using Chart panes as some kind of monitoring pane!?!

Posted By willy 5 Years Ago
Hi,

I like to use a chart pane as some kind of monitor pane form y individual trading conditions.
I created some conditions, no matter what kind of conditions these are, if a condition is true at a bar I like to display that in a individual chart pane for each condition. For a better understanding I constructed a screen which should visualize what I’m going to realize, refer to the attachment.

So for each condition, Condition_1, Condition_2 and Condition_3 I will create a chart pain as can be seen at the top of the screen, first three lines. Another pane should reflect a summarization of all three conditions e.g. Sum = Condition_1 Or Condition_2 And Condition_3.
That is what is shown in the fourth line!
Is there any way to realize such thing in RE?

willy

Attachments
MonitorScreen.jpg (275 views, 128.00 KB)

Edited: Wednesday April 04 2012 by willy
Posted Thursday April 05 2012
Hi Willy,

The screen sample you created looks nice. However, I don't think there's currently a way to do that in RightEdge.

Thanks,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

What a pity!
Would it be possible to have such feature in one of the next RE version update?

willy
phg
Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)Supreme Being (44,871 reputation)
What I have done (not very good code) that may be pertinent is the following. For any bar for which I want to display a 'mark' I keep an "offset" value. It is an amount above the high or below the low to give room for the mark to show. If I want more than one mark I increment (decrement) that offset. In effect, I keep a stack of 'holes' above and below a bar into which I can put marks. I don't know whether that technique might work in this case.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Sunday April 08 2012
use a userseries and set it to histogram. Then set it to eiher 1 or 0 depending on the value(or what ever)

see attached.

Attachments
histogram.jpg (262 views, 123.00 KB)