Profile Picture

Optimization not working in build 42

Posted By blousetrader 5 Years Ago
Hi guys, it was pretty cool to see the new optimization feature using multiple threads. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me - I keep getting exception errors - screenshots attached.

Attachments
Exception.png (236 views, 49.00 KB)
Posted Wednesday April 11 2012
Smersh also hit this issue. For some reason the progress is going over 100%. Can you use the optimization plugin code attached to this post and tell us what the debug output from the plugin is when you get this failure? That should help us figure out why it is happening.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Wednesday April 25 2012
Hi Daniel,

Did you and smersh get anywhere with this one - becoming a bit of a pain. I'm afraid you lost me with the plugin and debugging - not something I've done before.
Posted Thursday April 26 2012
Smersh modified the plugin to avoid the error. I haven't heard back from him with the information to help me figure out why the error is occurring.

Can you unzip the attached DLL and put it in the Plugins folder in the RightEdge installation directory (overwriting the existing copy)? Then when you get the error it will have additional information to help me figure out what is going on. You can just click on the copy button in the RightEdge exception dialog and paste it as text into a forum post instead of taking a screenshot.

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments
RightEdge.Optimization.zip (232 views, 7.00 KB)
Posted Saturday April 28 2012
Here you go:

Exception during optimization.
at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.RunOptimization(SystemRunSettings runSettings)
at RightEdge.Shared.OptimizationRunner.b__3()

Inner Exception:
Overall progress over 100%: 1.24660178878459
Overall: 1.24660178878459
0: 437820/437951
1: 437866/437951
2: 433475/437951
3: 436690/437951

Server stack trace:
at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass10.<>c__DisplayClass14.b__4(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.DelegateWrapper.UpdateSystemProgress(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.ICallbacks.UpdateSystemProgress(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(SystemData systemData, SharedSystemRunData runData, ServiceFactory brokerFactory)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.Run(String filename)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.RunSystem(SharedSystemRunData systemRunData)
at RightEdge.Shared.OptimizationRunner.RightEdge.Common.IOptimizationServices.RunSystem(SystemRunSettings runSettings, SystemProgressUpdate progressCallback)
at RightEdge.Common.OptimizationPlugin.RunSystem(SystemRunSettings runSettings, SystemProgressUpdate progressCallback)
at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__3(Object arg)
Posted Sunday April 29 2012
Thanks. With your help I think I've figured out what the issue is. Attached is an updated version of the plugin which I think should fix the problem. Can you try it out and let us know if it does?

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments
RightEdge.Optimization.zip (209 views, 8.00 KB)
Posted Friday May 11 2012
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I've been away.

Yep - no issues to report now - working well. Thanks a lot.
Posted Saturday May 26 2012
I am getting this error. Just updated to build 44 and tried using 2 threads.

Exception during optimization.
   at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.RunOptimization(SystemRunSettings runSettings)
   at RightEdge.Shared.OptimizationRunner.<ProgressDialog_Loaded>b__3()

Inner Exception:
An exception of type System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was thrown.
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Progress parameter must be between 0 and 1.  Value: 1.35785714285714

Server stack trace:
   at RightEdge.Common.OptimizationPlugin.ProgressItem..ctor(String text, Double progress)
   at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass10.<>c__DisplayClass14.<RunOptimization>b__4(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
   at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.DelegateWrapper.UpdateSystemProgress(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.ICallbacks.UpdateSystemProgress(Int32 currentItem, Int32 totalItems, DateTime currentTime)
   at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(SystemData systemData, SharedSystemRunData runData, ServiceFactory brokerFactory)
   at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.Run(String filename)
   at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.RunSystem(SharedSystemRunData systemRunData)
   at RightEdge.Shared.OptimizationRunner.RightEdge.Common.IOptimizationServices.RunSystem(SystemRunSettings runSettings, SystemProgressUpdate progressCallback)
   at RightEdge.Common.OptimizationPlugin.RunSystem(SystemRunSettings runSettings, SystemProgressUpdate progressCallback)
   at RightEdge.Optimization.DefaultOptimizationPlugin.<>c__DisplayClass10.<RunOptimization>b__3(Object arg)

Posted Sunday May 27 2012
Hi Kaizen,

That is the error that is supposed to be fixed in build 44. Can you check what the last modified date of RightEdge.Optimization.DLL in your plugins directory is? Also, could an outdated version of that DLL be anywhere else on your system?

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Monday May 28 2012
see picture.

There may be an old one but I would need to go digging to see.

I did not uninstall first so if that is the correct version I will uninstall then reinstall.

Also it was when I was using 0.01 as the step size. Not sure if that matters.

Attachments
optim.jpg (194 views, 128.00 KB)