Profile Picture

PLUGINS INFORMATIONS

Posted By pavan074 5 Years Ago
Hi, I need to add some fields in the default database of the watch list but I understand that it is not possible. I should then use the data from my database (Sql, Access or CSV) but I don't know how. I've to use a plugin I understand, but can not find any information on how to use it.
Are there any tutorial or documentation explaining how to activate / use these plugins?
thanks

Massimo
Posted Monday August 06 2012
I don't fully understand what you are trying to do. If you want to write a program to set up your watch list, see this post:
http://www.rightedgesystems.com/forums/Topic14222-7-1.aspx

If that doesn't help, can you explain more of what you are trying to do? What fields do you want to add?

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday August 07 2012
Thank you very mutch dplaisted and sorry for my english. Of default RE provide Bar Data with 9 fields (Open, Close, High, Low, etc.). I need to add custom fields to the Bar Data (like price earnig, price book value, etc.) but i've read in another post of the forum that it's not possible. I've read also that i've to use a Plugin that allows to retrieve the Bar Data from external database (Sql, Csv, Txt, etc.). My problem is that i dont find any tutorial or documentazion that explain how to use it. I've open the project of DataStorage and DataRetrieval plugins in the "Samples/RightEdgePlugins" folder, but it's too difficult understand how do they work.

Thank you very mutch.

Massimo
Posted Sunday September 09 2012
You probably don't need to write a plugin, since RightEdge doesn't have a way to store those extra fields anyway. What you can do is read the data file in your system code, find the record corresponding to the current date, and read the extra fields. To do so, use the .NET File IO APIs. Here is a good overview of them: http://www.dotnetperls.com/file

Thanks,
Daniel