Another quick bug fix build as we've addressed a large number of issues over the last couple of weeks.
As you know, in build 289 we added the Interactive Brokers and OpenTick historical retrieval capabilities. This build also adds support for setting commission values to the Paper Trader broker for use in simulation. Since we only overwrite service settings on a new installation, it may be necessary (if you do not completely uninstall and remove the RightEdge directory) to configure the Paper Trade Broker manually.
We've also upgraded to the latest Open E-Cry API. OEC will have full broker support in the next build.
A Note To IB Users:
IB limits the rate at which you can request data. You are limited to 60 requests every 10 minutes. Each request can be for a maximum of 2000 bars or 1 week of data. If you have too many requests within 10 minutes, IB will give you a "historical data request pacing violation" error, and you'll have to wait for up to 10 minutes before sending another request. You may want to set the download start date in the folder settings.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 289
- 723 RESO FIXE System data description in developer docs is wrong
- 724 RESO FIXE Add a configured paper broker
- 731 RESO FIXE Local data store throws exception if directory doesn't exist
- 725 RESO FIXE Exception when no broker is configured
- 751 RESO FIXE Update documentation to reflect new screens
- 796 RESO FIXE Check to make sure line numbers are included in stack tra...
- 792 RESO FIXE Add a Tag member to orders, positions, and symbols
- 795 RESO FIXE Add a run simulation toolbar button
- 223 RESO FIXE Double clicking on a build error no longer focuses the ed...
- 790 RESO FIXE Selecting the same symbol generates exception
- 775 RESO FIXE Switch to the output panel if there's output
- 778 RESO FIXE Wrong % on begin / end date.
- 647 RESO FIXE Bar data past the end date for a system is loaded when ba...
- 809 RESO FIXE Change text on 'close' button on 'windows' form.
- 811 RESO FIXE 'Windows' form - When there is nothing selected (or no it...
- 810 RESO FIXE When using 'Windows' form and hitting 'Close' these items...
- 807 RESO FIXE Status bar is styled like office 2003 -- light blue. loo...
- 752 RESO FIXE Uninstall needs to remove registry entries
- 693 RESO FIXE Add help item for discarded ticks and link to it from mes...
- 754 RESO FIXE References added to a project always use absolute paths
- 806 RESO FIXE Add symbols while running
- 675 RESO FIXE Stopping and starting live data turns all values red
- 688 RESO FIXE Have an option to force round lots
- 756 RESO FIXE Bars held can be 0
- 815 RESO FIXE Add support for abbreviated month in import
- 733 RESO FIXE System output message timestamps wrong for backtesting
- 817 RESO FIXE Allow continuation of simulation if no data found for symbol
- 791 RESO FIXE Merge OrderType and BrokerOrderType
- 686 RESO FIXE Commission calculation on no fill
- 805 RESO FIXE Add ability for services to have custom settings
- 702 RESO FIXE Add PositionCount trigger
- 820 RESO FIXE Remove NeedsImport() method from IService Interface
- 610 RESO FIXE Help for System Components pane
818 RESO FIXE Missing tooltip on the toolbar in Vista
- 814 RESO FIXE Add member list pages for developer docs
- 788 RESO FIXE Update broker sample to reflect IBroker changes
- 824 RESO FIXE Changing symbol information while running a live system t...
- 777 RESO FIXE No output shown on Shutdown
- 674 RESO FIXE Open ECry service probably reports volume incorrectly
- 727 RESO FIXE Fix commissions
- 831 RESO FIXE Binary data store off by 1
Bugs Fixed Since Build 288
- 757 RESO FIXE Exception on read only source file
- 786 RESO FIXE DnD system crash on GetInputs
- 761 RESO FIXE Systems referencing chart objects fail
- 759 RESO FIXE Exception on read only project file
- 764 RESO FIXE ChartImage doesn't plot
- 765 RESO FIXE Connect/Disconnect are not called
- 768 RESO FIXE Make bar data editor date format local
- 682 RESO FIXE Remove or create option for currency symbol
- 683 RESO FIXE No overload to name a position in OpenPosition
- 697 RESO FIXE Modify base addresses of DLLs to avoid relocation on load
- 732 RESO FIXE Output Pane does not display the Symbol
- 773 RESO FIXE Option to clear the output pane
- 774 RESO FIXE Add warnings to build output
- 776 RESO FIXE Editor crash (see details)
- 781 RESO FIXE Crash on position labels
- 772 RESO FIXE Missing toolbar & menu items
- 783 RESO FIXE Document Select Live Chart screen
- 753 RESO FIXE Add a way to purge raw data
- 779 RESO FIXE Binary data store does not strip invalid characters
- 760 RESO FIXE Shorting is busted
- 785 RESO FIXE Attached file does not import
- 782 RESO FIXE Import does not non-delimited time and date
- 747 RESO FIXE file importer file selection not correct.
- 645 RESO FIXE RE hangs waiting for IB historical data
- 784 RESO FIXE Document Output pane.
- 758 RESO FIXE Update samples in end user documentation
- 726 RESO FIXE Rewrite position manager to support pyramiding / changing...
- 443 RESO FIXE Add historical support for OpenTick
Known Issues To Be Addressed Before Release
- 832 cri BarIndexFromDate fails
- 825 maj ClosePosition does not seem to be working
- 826 maj Implement Open E-cry broker plugin
- 827 maj Implement X_TRADER plugin.
- 789 maj Import files on "large" files.
After the successful download of RightEdge, extract the zip file to a temporary directory and run the Setup application. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is now available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team