Profile Picture

Three minor bugs (DEMA-MACD-PSAR

Posted By jbk Last Year
Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)Supreme Being (996 reputation)
Posted Tuesday December 13 2016
Hi,

Here I detail what look to me as three minor bugs:

1. DEMA by code, i.e. myDEMA = new DEMA(14,Close) should show to overloads, one with only the periods and the second, with periods & iSeries input, same as does EMA and TEMA do. For some reason this is not working and shows only the periods. (it shows & calculates correctly when used via the system designer). Anyway you can go through adding a clause i.e. MyDEMA.SetInputs(Close) to point the iSeries you want to use.
  2. MACDTrigger graph and values are identical to MACD,  and not to  i.e. 9 EMA of that MACD. Regarding the overloads, looks like it points to same MACD constructor since takes two periods and eventually a series, and should only take one period and eventually a series. Any way it can be done by hand with a 9 EMA i.e. MyMACDTrigger = new EMA(9) &  MyMACDTrigger.SetInputs(MyMACD) with i.e. MyMACD new MACD(12,26,Close)
  3. There is a problem with the PSAR parameters, the default 0,02 ,02 in fact show same a i.e  0,2 2 by code and different from a ,02 ,2 by code, looks like somewhere there is a parameters mistaken or showed incorrectly. To double check: if you add one default PSAR indicator in a chart, and a second default PSAR indicator where you edit parameters to the same 0,02 & 0,2;when plotted or evaluated, you have two different values for the same theoretical config of the indicator!. Same happens if you set up the second indicator by code! 

Jorge