RightEdge Release Candidate 2, Build 316
Almost there ...
The release candidate is an important milestone for RightEdge. We are now putting forth a build that we intend to release if no serious defects are turned up by our quality assurance testing or any beta testers. Please download our release candidate and please report any problems that discovered right away.
Release Candidate 2 is all bug fixes. We've fixed things rather sparingly to make sure that we do not break anything inadvertently before release. Anything of critical priority that we could reproduce was addressed. Thanks to all of you who report problems and take the extra time to provide us with the information that we need.
With the release candidate available, we plan on making RightEdge available for purchase within the next week or two. However, we're not resting on our laurels, we still have a number of items that we'd like to address. Those items that are not critical enough to hold up the release, but deserve attention in the near term.
Expect to see some polls on our forums very soon to spark discussion on the top priority features for post 1.0.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 313
- 1054 RESO FIXE Sorting Problem in Release Candidate
- 1037 RESO FIXE Keep historical data when symbol information is changed
- 1058 RESO FIXE Max Drawdown is incorrect
- 1057 RESO FIXE Crash on charts if print spooler is disabled
- 1063 RESO FIXE Installation updates
- 1064 RESO FIXE Volume for first bar retrieved from IB is total daily volume
- 1062 RESO FIXE 2 bars in the same minute
- 1065 RESO FIXE input series missing when plotting an indicator
- 1061 RESO FIXE Crash / project file useless on interop reference
- 1067 RESO FIXE IB historical does not work for 2 or 5 minute bars
- 1068 RESO FIXE Live system use broker reported buying power
- 1072 RESO FIXE Sharpe ratio calculation is wrong
- 1070 RESO FIXE Show system output even when an exception is thrown
- 1071 RESO FIXE Improve memory usage for optimization runs
- 1074 RESO FIXE Default backtest broker is not set
After the successful download of RightEdge, double click the RightEdgeSetup.msi file. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team