Profile Picture

Detrended Price Oscillator

Posted By DrKoch 9 Years Ago
I noticed that the "Detrended Price Oscillator" Indicator stops showing values way before the latest bar. I guess the original formula is looking into the future, which is not possible with RE indicators and strategies (fortunately!).

So I suggest to remove this indicator from the selection because it is not useful for any strategy.

www.finantic.de

Our Trading System at C2: Topaz
Posted Tuesday January 08 2008
You can always shift it.  This reminds me of Hurst Cycles where it's nothing more than adapted indicators that are shifted to look like magic. Smile

DrKoch (1/8/2008)
I noticed that the "Detrended Price Oscillator" Indicator stops showing values way before the latest bar. I guess the original formula is looking into the future, which is not possible with RE indicators and strategies (fortunately!).

So I suggest to remove this indicator from the selection because it is not useful for any strategy.
Posted Tuesday January 08 2008
> You can always shift it.

So, why not shift it by default in a way that the most current value shows up at the current bar.
Everybody does it, nobody thinks about it:

An ordinary SMA(5) is the average of 5 prices and should sit 3 bars ago (the center of the interval used to average). But everybody displays it at the current bar. Mathematical nonsense if you think about it... Cool

www.finantic.de

Our Trading System at C2: Topaz