Profile Picture

Schedule Implementation Items for Coming Edition

Posted By rgrg 9 Years Ago
Hi,

I'm evaluating the RightEdge 2008 Edition. It is found that this verions has implemented a number drawings for charts. I would recommended that some markers (e.g. Dots, Diamond, Symbols ...etc ) should be implemented as drawings for coming version.
Marker is quite useful as it doesn't occupy much space on the chart and can give information without showing label with long wordings

Also, is that [color=#3333FF]any schedule implementation items confirmed for the coming version ?[/color]

It is suggested that scheduled implementation items should be post within the forum (e.g. maybe under a new category --> "Forthcoming Features") so that the users know what will be implemented in the coming Edition.

thx !
Posted Sunday May 04 2008
rgrg (5/3/2008)
Hi,

I'm evaluating the RightEdge 2008 Edition. It is found that this verions has implemented a number drawings for charts. I would recommended that some markers (e.g. Dots, Diamond, Symbols ...etc ) should be implemented as drawings for coming version.
Marker is quite useful as it doesn't occupy much space on the chart and can give information without showing label with long wordings

Hi rgrg,

I've had some luck implementing dot/symbol markers using the ChartCircle class and the ChartText class. For Dots, simply create a circle with a very small radius. For Symbols, I've been creating ChartText and setting the font to something in the Winding family. For symbols that can't be represented by a font/character combination there is also the ChartImage class.

As for more information tied to the object: I've looked into creating custom object properties (through derivation and/or encapsulation) that would display in the RightEdge property, but have had no luck yet. So it seems that labels are the only way to go here.

HTH,

Mark
Posted Monday May 05 2008
thx mark !
Posted Monday May 19 2008
Hello,

any update regarding the list of Schedule Implementation Items for forthcoming edition ?
phg
Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)Supreme Being (48,509 reputation)
Posted Tuesday May 20 2008
Sometimes it is informative to place several marks 'near/under/over' a bar. I have been concatenating 3 or more marks per bar, placing "" (that is "new line") in front of each mark. When the constructed message is finally written to the chart as text this causes the separate marks to line up vertically under the bar.

The 'backslash n' does not show above in the quotes after 'placing'. It should be '\' followed by 'n'.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Edited: Tuesday May 20 2008 by phg
Posted Tuesday May 20 2008
Regarding roadmap:

We're still negotiating internally on the final feature set for the next edition.  As has been mentioned elsewhere, some things like multiple frequencies and support for larger datasets are definately in, though.