While continuing work on my service plugin, I ran into a little GUI bug. The plugin I'm writing depends on some other assemblies, which I had neglected to rebuild on a test run
History retrieval worked fine as there was no dependency there, but attempting to start live mode yielded this error:
There were errors starting live data retrieval for the following symbols:
GBP/USD: A service with the specified name () does not exist. It may have been renamed. Please set the new service name by configuring this folder.
OK, the message is a little off, but at least RE kicked back an error and stopped. The live mode did not engage on the toolbar, the start buttons were still active, and all other live mode buttons were still disabled.
However, when I selected the 'symbol information' for the symbol I had tried to start streaming RE poped up a dialog to tell me:
The symbol is currently streaming. in order to save changes....
Rebuilding my assemblies/service plugin caused the initial problem to go away