Profile Picture

Hotlinks and FAQ for the Forums

Posted By rsheftel 9 Years Ago
My suggestion is to have a page on the forum for "Hotlinks" or FAQ. As the number of posts has grown, and there is a ton of useful information here, it would be very nice to have a catagorized list of forum topics that answer common questions and the links to the topics. This way you can access all of the information on the forums without having to search by a word. It is also very useful for new people who may be looking for information on a specific topic, but don't know the RE terms, which makes the search less usable.
Posted Sunday July 13 2008
We have the ability to "pin" topics.  Should we have a link to particular topics that are random or just a link to pinned topics?  I agree with you though, I often find myself posting links to other forum topics for others and sometimes cannot find the one I'm looking for.  Would be useful to all, but just not 100% clear on how it would be implemented in a way that makes sense.

rsheftel (7/13/2008)
My suggestion is to have a page on the forum for "Hotlinks" or FAQ. As the number of posts has grown, and there is a ton of useful information here, it would be very nice to have a catagorized list of forum topics that answer common questions and the links to the topics. This way you can access all of the information on the forums without having to search by a word. It is also very useful for new people who may be looking for information on a specific topic, but don't know the RE terms, which makes the search less usable.
Posted Sunday July 13 2008
I am thinking a page that is updated and controlled by you guys, the moderators that would look like:

Data Issues

Interactive Brokers

<Links to forum posts that answer main question on this>

MF Global

<....>

Systems

Multiple Systems

<Link to topic you explained how to do this>

It would be like when you find yourself as moderators answering a forum post by saying "That was explained in this topic..." you would have that link in the Hotlinks, because it is clearing a forum topic that was of general interest, which had a complete answer, and is of interest to lots of people. I find that one forums that have that it is a great do-to start for any question.

Posted Monday July 14 2008
Agree.

Categorized the post into corresponding topics would enhance the navigation and the reduce time to find out the required information
Posted Tuesday July 15 2008
Good idea, I like it.