Profile Picture

Live Data Columns

Posted By rsheftel 9 Years Ago
My suggestion is that in the "Live Data" view panel, that you add columns for the following:

1) Symbol information. This way you can have a column be the name of the symbol, or other information that may be more informative than just the ticker.

2) Time stamps for the last, bid and ask. This is very helpful for making sure the market data is in fact live and there are no disconnects or stale information.

3) Allow the system to publish information for display here. For example, the current value of an indicator like a moving average. This would be extremely helpful because you could then sort by a column that may be an idicator of how close you are to trading a symbol, and this will allow you to focus on the whole list down to the symbols that are most important right now. It would also eliminate the need to open a chart for each symbol to get a "look into" the system.

4) An advanced request would be the option to have the same Treeview in the symbol list to be mirrored in the LiveData panel. So the catagorization, ordering, and organization of the Symbol Lists is carried over which would make it easier to find specific symbols in a large list.

Posted Tuesday July 15 2008
Having learned about UserSeries, I think my request #3 above should be to allow UserSeries values to appear on the panel. And of course they would be the most recent tick and not require an end of bar. The column header could match the UserSeries property that has this on the chart.
Posted Wednesday October 29 2008
This is a very good idea. Better still if you could click on a stock symbol in that window and a simple order entry dialog opens for discretionary trades (just like OpenQuant)
Posted Wednesday October 29 2008
smersh (10/29/2008)
This is a very good idea. Better still if you could click on a stock symbol in that window and a simple order entry dialog opens for discretionary trades (just like OpenQuant)

You can already enter discretionary trades.