Profile Picture

Setting Margin Factor

Posted By Michael Burns 9 Years Ago
How can I set a margin factor for my simulated trades?
Posted Thursday July 24 2008
Margin setup is the same for simulated and real time and it's in the symbol setup.  If you right click on a symbol in the Watchlist and select Symbol Information you can setup margin requirements.

Michael Burns (7/23/2008)
How can I set a margin factor for my simulated trades?
Posted Thursday July 24 2008
Thanks Bill for the quick response.  I didn't ask the question correctly. The margin that I wished to set was on my account like 50% of the account value.  As you know, the symbol information margin is the margin on a contract such as commondities. Is there away to set you account trade margin?
Posted Friday July 25 2008
Ah.  No, we don't have account level margin settings.

Michael Burns (7/24/2008)
Thanks Bill for the quick response.  I didn't ask the question correctly. The margin that I wished to set was on my account like 50% of the account value.  As you know, the symbol information margin is the margin on a contract such as commondities. Is there away to set you account trade margin?
Posted Wednesday August 06 2008
Would you consider adding account margin setting in a future build? I think you could add it as a field in Properites. 
Posted Wednesday August 06 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's much use for such a setting unless we simulate charging interest on what you draw on the margin. If you have $10,000 and a margin of 2x, you can just put a starting capital of $20,000.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Thursday August 13 2009
dpaisted,
You may just change starting capital from say 100k to 200k to simulate 2:1 margin in a 100k account and this would allow the same trades.

BUT: all the system statistics are wrong: Profit Percent, DrawDown Percent, and so on
(because they are based on starting capital/current capital)

In overall system evaluation it makes a BIG difference to allow for a specific (ex. 2:1 for IB) margin.

www.finantic.de

Our Trading System at C2: Topaz
Posted Thursday August 13 2009
I second that...been waiting for such feature for a long time....
Posted Friday August 14 2009
Please vote for this Feature request on uservoice:
rightedge.uservoice.com

www.finantic.de

Our Trading System at C2: Topaz

Edited: Friday August 14 2009 by DrKoch