Another refresh of beta 3 is available. This is another bug fix build and will most likely continue to be this way until release. A noteworthy change in this build over the last is that the binary data storage engine speed has improved a great deal. We've cut the load times in half.
We'd also like to thank everyone in the forums for posting problems as well as ideas to make this a better product. We really do appreciate your time and patience.
The software can be downloaded from the following URL:
RightEdge is built on top of the latest Microsoft .NET Framework. Check to make sure the Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 is installed on your computer. If it is not installed, or you are not sure, please obtain this framework from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
This is a free download.
We're at the stage in the development process where we're fixing bugs and applying polish. We hope that you'll continue to report problems and provide your input on existing features to make them better!
Bugs reported on the forums have been assigned identifiers. We will provide a list of fixed problems since the last release. If the issue was not addressed, please let us know right away.
As always, this is pre-release software. Do not use this against a live brokerage account.
Bugs Fixed Since Build 273
- 606 RESO FIXE Show the "full" name of the symbol on the symbol tree
- 595 RESO FIXE Cannot select a value on the Or Trigger
- 611 RESO FIXE Editor color configuration dialog is off
- 615 RESO FIXE Exposure > 100%
- 614 RESO FIXE Configure Services grid mispaints
- 309 RESO FIXE Make position label colors configurable
- 310 RESO FIXE Improve position labels
- 616 RESO FIXE Failed to locate or create chart pane
- 619 RESO FIXE SMA AD system crash
- 620 RESO FIXE Click on Exit Date in System Results crashes
- 617 RESO FIXE Rollover a chart object selects chart object
- 612 RESO FIXE Live data error when adding more symbols
- 621 RESO FIXE Live data window crash
- 448 RESO FIXE Report program errors via web service.
- 623 RESO FIXE No way to specify position size (shares)
- 626 RESO FIXE Cleanup Right click menu on Watchlist
- 628 RESO FIXE Cannot open chart from System Results
- 629 RESO FIXE Broker cash did not match bar statistics cash
- 625 RESO WORK Add Reference generates exception
- 635 RESO FIXE Risk Assessment not showing under heading
- 634 RESO FIXE Application disappears
- 641 RESO FIXE Old trades showing in a scan
- 640 RESO FIXE Loading a system with a reference that doesn't exist throws an exception
After the successful download of RightEdge, extract the zip file to a temporary directory and run the Setup application. Follow the steps in the installation wizard and once the files are copied to their final destination, RightEdge is ready to use.
It is highly recommended that RightEdge is uninstalled before installing this refresh. In addition to running the uninstall (located in the Start/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), it is recommended that the RightEdge program folder is completely removed. After running the uninstall, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the RightEdge folder (the default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Yye Software) and delete this folder.
RightEdge creates a program group in the Start Menu. There are three items in the list, RightEdge, Getting Started Guide and RightEdge Developer Guide. It is highly recommended that you take a look at the Getting Started Guide to learn the basics of navigating around the software and understanding key features. Use the RightEdge Developer Guide to help build systems from code. The RightEdge Developer Guide is now available online at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/Documentation/DeveloperGuide/index.html.
Beta testers have our full support resources available to them. For the short term, it is recommended that you post any problems to our public forums so that others may benefit from the solution provided. You may also use our support URL to send a message directly to our support staff at http://www.rightedgesystems.com/support.aspx. We can also provide others means of support (telephone, instant messenger, etc) on a case by case basis.
We look forward to your feedback.
The RightEdge Development Team