Profile Picture

MB Trading (another issue)

Posted By caffiend 9 Years Ago
First, sorry if this is a silly problem, I'm new to this. Here is my setup:

I have a demo mb trading account with MBT Navigator installed (11.1.0.2) running RightEdge edition 1 build 374. I don't have MBT Navigator running while using RightEdge as I read there were restrictions on multiple logins. When I try to run a sample system (crossover) in live mode against my demo account everything blows up.

I can start the live data feed and can see live data coming in, but when I try to execute a system (in live mode) I get the following exception:

The service plugin MBTrading.MBTTickRetrieval threw an exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at RightEdge.Shared.ServiceWrapper.DoError(Exception e)
at RightEdge.Shared.ServiceWrapper.Connect(ServiceConnectOptions connectOptions)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.SetSystemBroker(BrokerAccountState accountState)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.SwitchToLiveMode(ServiceFactory brokerFactory, BrokerAccountState accountState, Boolean bFullSim, Boolean bSameBroker)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.SwitchToLiveMode(ServiceFactory brokerFactory, BrokerAccountState accountState, Boolean bFullSim, Boolean bSameBroker)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.SwitchToLiveMode(ServiceAppDomainFactory brokerFactoryFactory, BrokerAccountState accountState, Boolean bFullSim, Boolean bSameBroker)
at RightEdge.LiveSystemwindow.StartLiveSystem(xfb471916970b0c9e liveDataWindow, List`1 symbols, SystemDataCreationSettings settings, SystemRunInfo runInfo, RightEdgeCompiler compiler)
at RightEdge.xf266856f631ec016.x7315d87aa80c241d()
at RightEdge.xf266856f631ec016.xc44f2b7498b700f7(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc)
at TD.SandBar.ToolbarItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.
.(TopLevelMenuItemBase , Boolean , Boolean , Point )
at TD.SandBar.TopLevelMenuItemBase.Show(Boolean select)
at TD.SandBar.TopLevelMenuItemBase.Show()
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnItemPush(ToolbarItemBase item, Point position)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at TD.SandBar.MenuBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at RightEdgeUI.CustomMenuBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Inner Exception:
An exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was thrown.
IMbtOrderClient: OnDemandMode may only be set prior to first Connect.
at MBTORDERSLib.MbtOrderClientClass.set_OnDemandMode(Boolean pVal)
at MBTrading.MBTTickRetrieval.Connect(ServiceConnectOptions connectOptions)
at RightEdge.Shared.ServiceWrapper.Connect(ServiceConnectOptions connectOptions)

I have tried running the system with the live data feed on and off with no apparent difference.

I had to follow the instructions in another thread with mb trading connection problems where the fix (curiously?) was to set the SDK ID to 9 under the configuration dialog. If I set it to 0 (default) I get the 'unable to connect' message.

Please help! I'd like to get this resolved before my demo expires so I can actually test some code Smile. I'd hate to spend 500$ to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks
Posted Thursday September 18 2008
It's another lovely version mismatch.  MBT keeps changing their interfaces from version to version (which is extremely bad practice) and breaking RightEdge in the process.  At this point, we work with the 10.x versions of MBT.  We will probably update our plugin to their new version in the next edition.
billb,

Thanks for your reply. As a professional software engineer I can certainly empathize with you on API versioning pains. Do you have any idea where I can get a copy of MBT 10? As best I can tell the only link they have active on their website at the moment is for the 11.x version.
I wish I had an answer to that.  I have an installed version of 10.x but no installation.  Maybe MBT would be so kind to provide you with a 10.x build.

caffiend (9/18/2008)
billb,

Thanks for your reply. As a professional software engineer I can certainly empathize with you on API versioning pains. Do you have any idea where I can get a copy of MBT 10? As best I can tell the only link they have active on their website at the moment is for the 11.x version.
Well good news and bad news Smile.

The good news is that I was able to convince MBT to give me a version 10 build. The bad news is that I receive an exception while trying to fetch live data now and I still can't run a system against it Smile. I uninstalled version 11, installed version 10 (and even manually registered the COM DLLs for good measure).

The service plugin MBTrading.MBTTickRetrieval threw an exception of type System.AccessViolationException
at RightEdge.Shared.ServiceWrapper.DoError(Exception e)
at RightEdge.xfb471916970b0c9e.xe6866150eef6f995(String x16284292da96d0ba)
at RightEdge.xfb471916970b0c9e.AddSymbol(SymbolSetup symbol)
at RightEdge.xf266856f631ec016.x241715eb000ca8fc()
at RightEdge.xf266856f631ec016.xa927fcc2ce303480(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc)
at TD.SandBar.ToolbarItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItemBase.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ButtonItem.OnActivate()
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnItemRelease(ToolbarItemBase item, Point position)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at TD.SandBar.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at RightEdgeUI.CustomToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Inner Exception:
An exception of type System.AccessViolationException was thrown.
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at MBTCOMLib.MbtComMgrClass.set_SilentMode(Boolean pVal)
at MBTrading.MBTTickRetrieval.Connect(ServiceConnectOptions connectOptions)

That appears to be the exact same exception that I had found in a previous post (name obfuscation and everything). I tried reconfiguring my services and my single symbol to no avail. One thing to note is that not only did they apparently rip the rug out from under you guys with version 11, but they have also disabled version 10 from even logging in now. The application just throws an error about being out of date and exits.

Any advice as to how to proceed or am I just stuck waiting for the moons to realign? Smile.
You're not running this under Vista by chance, are you?  I know MBT had trouble w/ their software under Vista (or at least the API piece).  I hope 11.x fixes this.
I'm not. I'm running XP sp2. I'm one of the crazies that's holding out on vista as long as I can Wink. The 11.x build worked fine even though it's a little ugly Smile.
It's a shame that they've done it this way.  If you can't login with the 10.x client, I doubt we'll be able to.  An Access violation though?  Hrm.  I'll put the rush on a 11.x version of this plugin so maybe we can get you going sooner rather than later.

caffiend (9/18/2008)
I'm not. I'm running XP sp2. I'm one of the crazies that's holding out on vista as long as I can Wink. The 11.x build worked fine even though it's a little ugly Smile.
You'd be my hero Smile. If you need any help testing it just let me know.
Posted Monday September 22 2008
billb,

I hate to be a nag, but I was just curious if you had made any progress? Smile.