Profile Picture

End of Market Time

Posted By rsheftel 9 Years Ago
I would recommend that RightEdge expand and complete the functionality in the platform around Exchanges and end-of-market time.

Currently the NewBar functionality is driven by the end of the market time as set in the XML of the Watchlist, but for daily symbols the end of a bar is midnight. There is a way to override this in the Options, but that only allows for a single time for all symbols, and must be set in the GUI, not programatically.

I would suggest the RightEdge make an "Exchange" setup similar to the setup for individual symbols in the Watchlist. Just as each symbol has it's own configuration, each Exchange would have the necessary configurations for market hours, time zone, etc. I would recommend allowing for both the regular hours setup and extended hours so the user can request to only run the systems durring regular, or extended as well (lower liquidity)

And then to make the circle complete, each symbol in the watchlist can override any exchange settings with its own.

Posted Friday October 03 2008
This is something that has been added the request list already.  We're planning to add an "exchange" object where you specify information about an exchange (hours of operation, time zone, etc) so that folks can normalize their data and information coming from an exchange.  This sounds pretty similar to your request, right?

rsheftel (10/3/2008)
I would recommend that RightEdge expand and complete the functionality in the platform around Exchanges and end-of-market time.

Currently the NewBar functionality is driven by the end of the market time as set in the XML of the Watchlist, but for daily symbols the end of a bar is midnight. There is a way to override this in the Optionsbut that only allows for a single time for all symbols, and must be set in the GUI, not programatically.

I would suggest the RightEdge make an "Exchange" setup similar to the setup for individual symbols in the Watchlist. Just as each symbol has it's own configuration, each Exchange would have the necessary configurations for market hours, time zone, etc. I would recommend allowing for both the regular hours setup and extended hours so the user can request to only run the systems durring regular, or extended as well (lower liquidity)

And then to make the circle complete, each symbol in the watchlist can override any exchange settings with its own.

Posted Friday October 03 2008
Yes that sounds like it would cover it.