Profile Picture

WORKING Trading System Example with Indicator plot in chart (w/o System Builder)

Posted By gtomez 8 Years Ago

WORKING Trading System Example with Indicator plot in chart (w/o...

Hello,

I just started coding in C# and have some difficulties with plotting a custom indicator on a chart after a backtest. I don't want to use the Sytsem Builder, but code the indicator myself.
Unfortunately the example section hasn't been updated for a while and I didn't find a working code in the Forum. I went through the documentation but I am still stuck. This problem keeps me from continuing my work since quite I while and is most probably very easy to solve.
I'd really appreciate if one could help me out with a little sample.

Thanks a lot for the effort.

Best regards,
Gerald
Posted Thursday January 22 2009
Use the samples folder installed with product.  There is a real indicator plugin.  Also there are plenty of samples using UserSeries which is basically a way for you to create your own series of doubles (calculated however you'd like).  The main difference between a UserSeries and an indicator plugin is that an indicator plugin is compiled (through Visual Studio) and shows up in the user interface so it's available via drag and drop and outside of a trading system.  Where a UserSeries is only available within your trading system.

gtomez (1/22/2009)
Hello,

I just started coding in C# and have some difficulties with plotting a custom indicator on a chart after a backtest. I don't want to use the Sytsem Builder, but code the indicator myself.
Unfortunately the example section hasn't been updated for a while and I didn't find a working code in the Forum. I went through the documentation but I am still stuck. This problem keeps me from continuing my work since quite I while and is most probably very easy to solve.
I'd really appreciate if one could help me out with a little sample.

Thanks a lot for the effort.

Best regards,
Gerald