1. How time consuming and difficult is it to create a plugin for streaming and historical data using a well defined API from the data supplier?
2. Are there ways to maximize CPU efficiency when writing a streaming data plugin?
3. I see that the example code uses threads. Will Windows automatically distribute threads among multiple CPUs on a quad core machine, or does everything automatically run on one CPU?
4. Are there any differences between editions 1 and 2 in how datafeed (or brokerage) plugins need to be written?
5. If there are no programming differences, does a separate DLL need to be built for each edition due to different libraries being used?
6. Does RE automatically decide when to display the red message about too many ticks coming in to process, or is this done by the plugin developer? If by RE, exactly what triggers this?