Profile Picture

MySQL Historical Data Retrieval plugin for Ed1

Posted By fffernest 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I recently created a historical data retrieval service plugin for obtaining bar data from my own MySQL by modifying the sample c# file HistoricalDataRetrieval.cs coming with RightEdge 2008 Edition 1. After I copied the dll file to Plugins folder, the Ed1 cannot recognise this plugin in Configure Service UI interface. But this dll works fine for Ed2. 

Would anyone has any idea for it? I tried copy "C:\Program Files\Yye Software\RightEdge 2008 Edition 2\Plugins\RightEdge-MySQL-Plugin.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Yye Software\RightEdge 2008 Edition 1\Plugins\", but still does not work.

Thanks!

Ernest

Posted Sunday March 15 2009
ooh....I found that my plugin was built with RightEdge.Common v2008.2.0.0. The plugin can be successfully recognised after re-built with v2008.1.0.0. Sorry for posting such stupid question.

Anyway, will there be any log file (or debug mode) for RightEdge execution?

Thanks!

Posted Sunday March 15 2009
What do you mean exactly? What should we be logging?

fffernest (3/15/2009)
ooh....I found that my plugin was built with RightEdge.Common v2008.2.0.0. The plugin can be successfully recognised after re-built with v2008.1.0.0. Sorry for posting such stupid question.

Anyway, will there be any log file (or debug mode)for RightEdge execution?

Thanks!
Posted Wednesday March 18 2009
Like my case, I have no idea to determine if there is any logic or syntactic error in my dll. I hope there is a log file can at least tell me if my dll has been loaded successfully. Or if failed to load, it can provide some hints to me. Thanks!
Posted Wednesday November 11 2009
Where might one find the sample file HistoricalDataRetrieval.cs ?
Posted Wednesday November 11 2009
gregoryj (11/11/2009)
Where might one find the sample file HistoricalDataRetrieval.cs ?

It is installed with the samples. Click the Samples link on the Start Page in RightEdge.
Posted Thursday November 12 2009
Yes...however not as easy to fine in windows 7. That folder falls under the users roaming profile