Profile Picture

Forex FIX plugin

Posted By gbulle 8 Years Ago

Hi,

I am developing a "FIX protocol based" plugin  for Currenex (prices, orders and trade capture). The realtime datafeed is working fine;

I would like a suggestion about this:

The FIX Server at 17:00 CET stops all connected clients for five minutes.

I manage internally this situation (internally mean I do not communicate anything to RightEdge of this situation):

I receive HALT notification from the server, logout gracefully,  start a 5 minutes timer and when time is over I log in again

What happens to RightEdge during the 5 minutes interval ? do RighEdge try to reconnect?

And what happens to the LIVE System ?

How to fake RightEdge? It is possible  programmatically  set the "retry connection" interval ?

Thanks

Bye

GB

Posted Monday April 27 2009
We don't really offer the level of control you want programatically. I could suggest scheduling a kill command at 17:00 and then scheduling another command to startup RightEdge after the 5 minutes.

See Automating RightEdge.

gbulle (4/27/2009)

Hi,

I am developing a "FIX protocol based" plugin for Currenex (prices, orders and trade capture). The realtime datafeed is working fine;

I would like a suggestion about this:

The FIX Server at 17:00 CET stops all connected clientsfor five minutes.

I manage internally this situation (internally mean I do not communicate anything to RightEdge of this situation):

I receive HALT notification from the server,logout gracefully, start a 5 minutes timer andwhen time is over I log in again

What happens to RightEdge during the 5 minutes interval ? do RighEdge try to reconnect?

And what happens to the LIVE System ?

How to fake RightEdge? It is possible programmaticallyset the"retry connection" interval ?

Thanks

Bye

GB
Since you are handling the reconnection entirely within your plugin, I would recommend not notifying RightEdge that you are disconnected at all.  Just don't send RightEdge the error message indicating you are disconnected, and the RightEdge disconnection logic won't be involved at all.

Thanks,
Daniel

Thank you... what I hoped...

Bye

GB