Profile Picture

How to get running istances of RightEdge

Posted By gbulle 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I am developing a proxy that communicate with RightEdge by a broker plugin and send data do interbank forex using FIX protocol.

I cannot run this Proxy in multiple istances because the provider does not accept multiple logins ; but it is possible to run multple istances of RightEdge so we can have a scenario with many RightEdge istances and only one running proxy

Each istance of RighEdge must open a different channel of communication with my proxy so that my proxy send the right answer to the right RightEdge istance

How , for my broker plugin, to detect the running istance of RightEdge?

I have to explore the internal operating system processes named "rightedge" or  have you in your API an istance counter field?

TX

Bye

GB

Posted Friday May 08 2009
Right, the point of the proxy is to only run one instance of it. I'm not sure I understand the problem 100%. If the proxy is a named pipe server, why does it need to know what instances of RightEdge are running? It should simply listen for client requests. So I don't think I understand the problem.

gbulle (5/8/2009)
Hi,

I am developing a proxy that communicate with RightEdge by a broker plugin and send data do interbank forex using FIX protocol.

I cannot run this Proxy in multiple istances because the provider does not accept multiple logins; but it is possible to run multple istances of RightEdge so we can have a scenario withmany RightEdge istances and only one running proxy

Each istance of RighEdge must open a different channel of communication with my proxy so that my proxy send the right answer to the right RightEdge istance

How , for my broker plugin, todetect the running istance of RightEdge?

I have to explore the internal operating system processes named "rightedge"or have you in your API an istance counter field?

TX

Bye

GB
Hi,

It is bi-directional........ rigthedge to proxy ... proxy to rightedge

If all istances of RightEdge are listening on the same pipe , all istances of rightEdge will receive

at the same time the commands generated by proxy (for example a fill of an order)

But the fill must arrive to the rightedge instance that has generated the order!!

I have the order id as filter .. true... but I prefer Proxy send the answers to the istance that has generate the query... (the right fill to the right order generated by one of the running istances)

I am missing something?

Bye

GB

Edited: Friday May 08 2009 by gbulle
Then I would recommend that each client connect to the proxy with an ID, if possible. Then the server can route the requests to the proper client ID and accept requests with the client ID.

Will that work?

gbulle (5/8/2009)
Hi,

It is bi-directional........ rigthedge to proxy ... proxy to rightedge

If all istances of RightEdge are listening on the same pipe , all istances of rightEdge will receive

at the same time the commands generated by proxy (for example a fill of an order)

But the fill must arrive to the rightedge instance that has generated the order!!

I have the order id as filter .. true... but I prefer Proxysend the answers to the istance that has generate the query... (the rightfill to the right order generated by one of the running istances)

I am missing something?

Bye

GB
Absolutely Yes.....I do not like fixed costant.... My first intention was to use the istance ID of RigthEdge.....

or ..

examing the memory processes I can identify the processID of the running istance so I can create

named pipes like  "name_pipe_process_id_1"  "name_pipe_process_id_2"

I will investigate better.....

Bye

GB

Posted Monday May 11 2009
If you were to use sockets instead of named pipes, I think this would be simpler to solve.  Of course sockets may be more difficult to use in general than named pipes.  Another benefit of using sockets is that you could run the proxy on a seperate machine.

Daniel