Profile Picture

Position Manager:Error submitting ProfitTargetorder or Error submitting Stoplossorder

Posted By gbulle 8 Years Ago

Position Manager:Error submitting ProfitTargetorder or Error...

Hi,

My trading system send orders using OpenPosition.

I am 100% sure that SUBMITORDER return true (I catch the error into submit  function) but sometimes I see errors  like these:

Error submitting ProfitTargetorder:

or

Error submitting Stoplossorder:

These error messages does not explain better the reason of the errors......

The connection to the broker plugin appear OK to me

May be that Rightedge analyze entry price/stop loss price and profit target price and found an

illogical situation? (target < initial stop loss for a LONG?)

The bad thing is that SUBMITORDER send successfully my orders to the broker (so my broker accept orders not accepted by Rightedge) and the final result is  that  the broker pending positions does not match with RightEdge pending positions

Any suggestion?

Bye

GB

Posted Friday May 15 2009
OK, this is coming back from the broker plugin. The reason why you're not seeing more is because it's an error condition on your side. The code looks like this:

string msg = "Error submitting " + GetSpecialOrderDesc(type) + " order: " + _broker.GetService().GetError();

If your broker service isn't setting the error text, then there's no more we can say.

However, this is called when an order an opening order is submitted and subsequently filled. The system has auto-profit targets and stop losses turned on, so RightEdge automatically calls 1 or 2 more submit orders for the PT and SL. There is an error condition here as returned by the broker plugin.

gbulle (5/15/2009)
Hi,

My trading system send orders using OpenPosition.

I am 100% sure that SUBMITORDER return true (I catch the error into submit function)but sometimes I see errors like these:

Error submitting ProfitTargetorder:

or

Error submitting Stoplossorder:

These error messages does not explain better the reason of the errors......

The connection to the broker plugin appear OK to me

May be that Rightedge analyze entry price/stop loss price and profit target price and found an

illogical situation? (target < initial stop loss for a LONG?)

The bad thing is that SUBMITORDER send successfullymy orders to the broker (so my broker accept orders not accepted by Rightedge) and the final result is that the broker pending positions does not match with RightEdge pending positions

Any suggestion?

Bye

GB
Posted Monday May 18 2009
Your broker's SubmitOrder method is probably returning false.  I think in Visual Basic.NET it will do this automatically if you don't have a return statement at the end of your method.

Thanks,
Daniel