Profile Picture

Bollinger Band Width

Posted By kaizen 10 Years Ago
Hi Guys,

Can you please add Bolliger Band width to your indicator list?

Thanks

phg
Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)Supreme Being (44,911 reputation)
Posted Sunday January 07 2007
I'm going to try to test my knowledge on this one. Wouldn't an answer be to use subtract series to subtract the lower band from the upper band?

-Pete

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Sunday January 07 2007
Yes, I believe you are on the mark here!  However, I went ahead and implemented this indicator anyhow.  That way it can be used for drag and drop charting and saving charts.

phg (1/7/2007)
I'm going to try to test my knowledge on this one. Wouldn't an answer be to use subtract series to subtract the lower band from the upper band?

-Pete

Posted Sunday January 21 2007
Guys,

When you add this indicator it goes to the price pane which it should not. Then if i type a new name for a new pane it thows an error and does not add the indicator.

Also with bollinger bands the settings are in different places for the lower and upper band. Reffering to the STDV and moving average position on the indicator setup window.

Edited: Sunday January 21 2007 by kaizen
I changed it to default to something other than the price pane.  And yes, I duplicated the problem you're seeing.  It's something with the installation process that I have fixed.  Sorry about that.

kaizen (1/21/2007)
Guys,

When you add this indicator it goes to the price pane which it should not. Then if i type a new name for a new pane it thows an error and does not add the indicator.

Also with bollinger bands the settings are in different places for the lower and upper band. Reffering to the STDV and moving average position on the indicator setup window.
Another way to do this in the meantime is to drop the indicator and allow it to go on the price pane.  Then select the BBWidth line on the chart by clicking it.  At that point, you should see properties for that indicator.  Under the "Visual Settings" category you can enter your own chart name and it will take.