Profile Picture

Porting for MT4???

Posted By Rengoku 8 Years Ago

I currently program for MT4 EA’s in MQL... I came across this sight and am very interested, but I would prefer not to use Oanda or MB Trading! I like my broker (Jade) I just want to know if anyone has made a connection to a MT4 broker or could we use a .dll link between RightEdge and MT4? I’m still trying to decide if this will help me or not!

I really appreciate your time and help!

phg
Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)
Posted Sunday August 30 2009
That's interesting. MT4 looks like a combination of TWS and RE, hosted at the brokers? MQL looks very similar to C#. I did not find an API that would allow RE to attach to MT4. On the other hand, it might be very doable to translate an MQL program to C#. The degree of difficulty probably depends on the variety of built-in functions in MQL that would also have to be replicated.

I am unclear whether a user can backtest and employ an MQL strategy without also obtaining assistance from the staff at the broker? If a strategy cannot be installed without help from the broker, then RE would offer a clear advantage. Are backtests run against the broker database? With RE the backtest can be run against data on your own machine, another advantage (in some cases).

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Sunday August 30 2009
No one has written a data or broker plugin for MT4 that we're aware of. That is exactly what it would take to bridge the gap though.
Posted Tuesday September 01 2009

Just curious how about if the brokerage offers an API? such as http://deltastock.com/english/platforms/delta_trading_api.asp

Does this make the building of a connection easier?

This link is to the API User Manual.
http://deltastock.com/english/platforms/delta_trading_api_help.asp

Thanks for taking a look at this! Unfortunately, I might be able to program MQL but my VB and C# have a lot of work!!! So creating a link or bridge between the two will be difficult for me!

phg
Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)Supreme Being (44,753 reputation)
Posted Wednesday September 02 2009
35 methods! The Delta API looks rather comprehensive. Moreover, it seems the 'bridge' has used it to attach MQL scripts to Delta which in turn attaches to MT4. ActiveX technology is used, though it is not clear whether that is .NET flavor. User programs attach to Delta, not MT4; Delta may not provide all that MT4 provides. That is, the plugin would be specific to Delta.

One possibility is to contact Delta and show them the RightEdge website. They might be interested in helping getting an additional 'feeder framework' (RE) to work with their platform. It is worth asking I would think.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Wednesday September 02 2009
Well, ActiveX can be used with .NET, the problem with ActiveX was clear when we had constant breakage of the interface. This was the reason why we invested in a socket version of the plugin for IB and why it continues to be a problem for the folks that use MBTrading.

It's no small task (if it were a small task, we'd have tons of providers), so if your programming skills are minimal, I'd caution against it. However, like phg says, it doesn't hurt to ask them. It also doesn't hurt to give it a shot, some of our providers were surprisingly simple, others were surprisingly difficult and we just didn't know until we got to work on them.

phg (9/2/2009)
35 methods!The Delta APIlooks rather comprehensive. Moreover, it seems the 'bridge' has used it to attach MQL scripts to Delta which in turn attaches to MT4. ActiveX technology is used, though it is not clear whether that is .NET flavor. User programs attach to Delta, not MT4; Delta may not provide all that MT4 provides. That is, the plugin would be specific to Delta.

One possibility is to contact Delta and show them the RightEdge website. They might be interested in helping getting an additional 'feeder framework' (RE) to work with their platform. It is worth asking I would think.