Profile Picture

Access to custom built indicators from code

Posted By Amin 8 Years Ago
Hello,

I built my own pivot-point-indicator and it works fine in charts and systems. So far I added it to the system via the system designer pane. Now I want to create the indicator from the code directly. This does not work with refering the shown name of the indicator with blanks removed.

Do I need to add any reference, prior using it from code?

Regards

Amin

Posted Wednesday November 25 2009
If you've built an indicator DLL, they are accessed the same way any of the indicators are accessed. The indicators that ship with RightEdge are also plugins, just like yours. If your trading system, you need to include a reference to your indicator. I don't understand where the space is coming from, class names cannot contain spaces.

Amin (11/24/2009)
Hello,

I built my own pivot-point-indicator and it works fine in charts and systems. So far I added it to the system via the system designer pane. Now I want to create the indicator from the code directly. This does not work with refering the shown name of the indicator with blanks removed.

Do I need to add any reference, prior using it from code?

Regards

Amin
Posted Wednesday November 25 2009
I tried both, the classname (which is obviously without any spaces) as well as the user friendly name specified via the YYEIndicatorAttribute.Name field. The latter contains spaces, so I removed them.

Neither of the ways did work.

Regards

Amin

Posted Friday November 27 2009
You need to add a reference to your indicator DLL, as well as make sure you either have a using statement for the namespace or are using the full class name including namespace. Beyond that I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Sunday November 29 2009
Hi Daniel,

thanks for your help. Works fine now with the reference and the using statement.

Regards

Amin