Profile Picture

System Results based on indicators

Posted By kaizen 7 Years Ago
If I write a system result plug-in is it possible to show a list of stocks that meet a certain criteria?

E.g I Have written a scan that finds trades that are showing divergence between price and indicators. At the moment I output a list of stocks to the output window and then go and view the chart by finding the stock code in a list of 200+ stocks.

I was thinking it would be better if I can output this list to a result plug-in and then I can just double click to view a chart.

Is that possible?

Posted Monday March 08 2010
There isn't the capability for a plugin to launch a chart.

kaizen (3/8/2010)
If I write a system result plug-in is it possible to show a list of stocks that meet a certain criteria?

E.g I Have written a scan that finds trades that are showing divergence between price and indicators. At the moment I output a list of stocks to the output window and then go and view the chart by finding the stock code in a list of 200+ stocks.

I was thinking it would be better if I can output this list to a result plug-in and then I can just double click to view a chart.

Is that possible?
Posted Monday March 08 2010
can't it be done like the Symbol results list? When double clicking they launch a chart?

Posted Tuesday March 09 2010
You're right, I did forget about that functionality. Ermm

It's a method inside of the FinalSystemResults class. It is the ShowChart method.

kaizen (3/8/2010)
can't it be done like the Symbol results list? When double clicking they launch a chart?