Profile Picture

User data in results plugin

Posted By lexx 7 Years Ago
Hello!

Is it possible to use my own data in results plugin or it only predifined set of data?

Thanks!

Posted Thursday March 11 2010
The point of the plugins are to use your own data from wherever you want. The only thing you have to do in a plugin is implement the appropriate interface, the rest is completely up to you.

lexx (3/11/2010)
Hello!

Is it possible to use my own data in results plugin or it only predifined set of data?

Thanks!

Posted Thursday March 11 2010
But can I transfer user objects created in RE to resultsPlugin using the RE interface ?
Posted Friday March 12 2010
We're not saving user defined objects because that could be hugely expensive. I would recommend saving your own objects in some shape or fashion (to a file, database, etc) and having the results plugin load them.

lexx (3/11/2010)
But can I transfer user objects created in RE to resultsPlugin using the RE interface ?
I see. Thanks.
You can pass a string from your system to your system results plugin with the SystemData.CustomString property. You could encode the data you need in this string, or pass a filename where the data is stored.

Daniel
Posted Monday March 15 2010
It's useful.

But, as improvement you can add an object UserObject to systemResults, so user will be able to use own data in results plugin without databases/files or something. (using the dll for user object structure in RE project and in plugin, for example)