Profile Picture

Waltch list symbol rotation

Posted By hulley 7 Years Ago

How can I access all the symbols in a watch list programmatically . I am trying to look into rotational symbol systems with ranking. In other posts it was suggested to use  a series, is there a way to cycle through all the symbols in a watch list, or automatically add them to a series.  

Posted Thursday April 01 2010
You can access all the symbols that you are running your system against with SystemData.Symbols. I've just posted a symbol ranking sample system. For more general information on working with multiple systems, there is a section in the "Developing Trading Systems in RightEdge" help topic that covers this.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Monday April 05 2010
Great I tried to get the rotational working, but I get errors in the code, so this brings up the debugging subject.
I would like to do most of my development in visual studio and publish the dll to Right Edge.  I have started to looks at the posts in yahoo and right edge on this.  I tried the “attach to process” but I get the famous error message that I cannot load any of the symbols.   I cannot figure that one out, but from past experience the Right Edge code does not match the loaded code in Visual studio. A tutorial on that would be useful; if I get it working I will upload one.
If I developed it all with Visual Studio, can I publish a dll  that will coexist  with systems done in the right edge developer ?It would be helpful to have a base project for this that we could add to.  If I get one working I will also upload it.
PBJ
Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)
hulley (4/5/2010)
[...] A tutorial on that would be useful; if I get it working I will upload one.
If I developed it all with Visual Studio, can I publish a dll that will coexist with systems done in the right edge developer ?It would be helpful to have a base project for this that we could add to. If I get one working I will also upload it.

+1

I use a few plugins in Visual Studio and would like to code with it rather than RE's editor.
hulley if you can get something that works, I think a lot of beginners here would appreciate a tutorial. Maybe I can help?
A video would probably be the best media for such a tutorial. What do you think?
Sure, I think a video  on how  how to attach to process would be good.   I still cannot get mine to work. Once we have that we need a project with all the Right Edge base classes and we make a new .cs file for each system.   We will need to figure out how to expose it to Right Edge, I know in wealth lab they have a heaper class to do it.

If you can attach to process then please make a video of it, I still cannot. 

How do I make a .rep file so Right Edge can read it..

And where can I post videos on this forums , at yahoo ?

Posted Tuesday April 06 2010
hulley (4/5/2010)
How do I make a .rep file so Right Edge can read it..

And where can I post videos on this forums , at yahoo ?

Create a new system from within RightEdge to create an .rep file.

I'd recommend youtube for uploading videos, and then you can link to them from this forum.

Daniel
PBJ
Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)Supreme Being (5,813 reputation)
hulley (4/5/2010)

If you can attach to process then please make a video of it, I still cannot.

I will try and make a video using BB FlashBackpro tonite to show this. It works fine at home.
Feel free to remind me to do it if I forget to.

Ok, but this is what I am trying to do . I want to code in my trading system in Visual Studio 2008 and Publish the dll to Right Edge.  I create a visual studio class project and added all the Right Edge References.  I create the dll. When I open Right edge how do I open this dll as a trading system?

Posted Wednesday April 07 2010

I was able to make a classproject in Visual studio and add all the Right Edge references.  I added a Right Edge .rep file and I could compiled the dll.

The problem is that once I open the trading system in Right Edge it overwrites my code and the compiled dll. So  the question is can  I open a trading system in Right Edge as a dll only, i.e. so that Right Edge will not overwrite my code.   This has many benefits for a complicated system, interfacing to other database sand numerical libraries etc,  as well as the benefits of coding directly in an IDE like Visual Studio. If it is not possible I should add it to the suggestion forum.