Profile Picture

Marking Trades on Chart

Posted By MarkAwad 7 Years Ago
Suggestion:  To help visualize trades and those traders who are more active, 

Can we have the possibility of having a small marker where a position is opened and a position is closed.  Also, Can have the possibility of having a line between where the position was opened and a position was closed.  See attached picture.

Happy Trading

Mark from Providence

Attachments
TradeLines.jpg (258 views, 80.00 KB)
Posted Saturday June 05 2010
You can add this yourself. See the samples as they show how to add objects to charts.

Posted Sunday June 06 2010
Can I turn off the chart objects that displays the buys and sells ?

Mark from ProvidenceSmile

Posted Sunday June 06 2010
Yes in options.

PBJ
Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)Supreme Being (5,817 reputation)
Posted Tuesday June 08 2010
Marc, if you manage to display smaller objects for each trade (as in your example), would you be kind enough to share with us?
I'm working on intraday systems and, as for you, the UI objects displayed for each trade are a bit too big for me.

Best Regards,
PBJ
Posted Tuesday June 08 2010
Hi PBJ,

I will share when I have the code.   It will probably be a few weeks before I get to this code

Happy Trading

Mark from Providnce

Posted Saturday January 22 2011
Mark,

Did you ever get around to this code you mentioned for visualizing trades as arrows + lines on the chart like done in many other trading platforms (e.g., Tradestation, NinjaTrader)?

JD
Posted Tuesday January 25 2011
Also, I think it would be good to have better descriptions for the signals (particularly exit signals) as their could be many reasons why it got out. Knowing that by quickly viewing the chart is ideal. Perhaps if you had a trade arrow object on the chart, and then if user hovered over such an arrow, it could be a mouseover popup text that details the trade.

For example, instead of a description like "Cover 100 @ 93.20", it could read "Cover 100 @ 93.20 (StopLoss)" or "Cover 100 @ 93.20 (BarCountExit)", etc. See attachment for more detailed visualization of what I mean.

JD

Attachments