Profile Picture

Attempted to open position during the lead bar period

Posted By levonbarker@gmail.com 7 Years Ago
I have a trading system that does not require bar or ticker information at all. I have RE read a Symbol List and see if any of the symbols exist in a separate database table.

If the symbol does, it tries to open a position. All of this occurs in the MySymbolScript.Startup() method. I am using IB as my broker and I have no real time data specified for the symbol folder.

I have two problems:

1. For any positions that I try to take I get this error: "Attempted to open position during the lead bar period". I have Lead Bars set to 0.

2. After it runs and fails to send out my positions I get: "There were errors starting live data retrieval for the following symbols".

Thanks.
Posted Thursday August 19 2010
RightEdge isn't really designed to be used in that fashion, however, I believe you can accomplish what you're trying to do, but in a slightly different manner. You can implement your own real time / historical data provider. This plugin would simply read the values from your database tables and feed it to RightEdge. We have samples of these plugin types in the sample folder. Let us know if we can help further.

levonbarker@gmail.com (8/19/2010)
I have a trading system that does not require bar or ticker information at all. I have RE read a Symbol List and see if any of the symbols exist in a separate database table.

If the symbol does, it tries to open a position. All of this occurs in the MySymbolScript.Startup() method. I am using IB as my broker and I have no real time data specified for the symbol folder.

I have two problems:

1. For any positions that I try to take I get this error: "Attempted to open position during the lead bar period". I have Lead Bars set to 0.

2. After it runs and fails to send out my positions I get: "There were errors starting live data retrieval for the following symbols".

Thanks.