Profile Picture

Improve it for LIVE TRADING

Posted By xzajic2 7 Years Ago
RE is very useful for backtesting, but it needs some serious work in "live trading" area. I added several suggestions to your uservoice forum.

Some minor tips:

* Add buttons "Close all positions", "Close at market" etc. for live trading
* Add live statistics pane (something like "Today's profit", "Total profit", "Open positions")

Edited: Friday August 20 2010 by xzajic2
Posted Friday August 20 2010
I saw those this morning, I appreciate you taking the time. Those are good suggestions.

xzajic2 (8/20/2010)
RE is very useful for backtesting, but it needs some serious work in "live trading" area. I added several suggestions to your uservoice forum.

Some minor tips:

* Add buttons "Close all positions", "Close at market" etc. for live trading
* Add live statistics pane (something like "Today's profit", "Total profit", "Open positions")

Posted Saturday August 21 2010
I agree - live trading section needs some work.

Would be nice if you could create some blank space at the RHS of chart so its easier to see current bar.
When you hover over a bar it shows the values at top of screen but only until next tick at which point it all goes to nan
Open a position functionality doesn't seem to work with limit price - price field still greyed out. Manual trading functionality
would be very useful - currently have to do it in TWS and is then out of sync with RE.
Posted Thursday September 09 2010
I totally agree.

The benfit between RE and other software is not the back testing , but the live trading.

Without the strong live trading fuction, the user have to choice other software.

It's the reason why I am not choose Ami and WLd due to they can not support the live trading enough for me.

Hope RE can impove better and better, not only the back testing but also the live trading, though RE is pretty good.

Additional, hope RE could provide more sample support docs like WLD support docs.

Good Luck