Profile Picture

Creating A System with Visual Studio

Posted By tstockstill 7 Years Ago
I've got a lot of experance with VS and am most comfortable working in that environment.  I've created a trading system in VS 2010 (set to complie to NetFx 3.5).  Now that I have the system started I would like to bootstrap it into RE to execute.  I'm not really sure how to "teach" RE that the system exists (I know how to drop off plugins but not systems) and have RE run the system live.  Any help would be appreciated.

T

Posted Monday November 01 2010
The only way to currently automate RightEdge is via the command line. Since you can provide switches within Visual Studio, this is fine.

See the Automating RightEdge topic for the switches and their functions.

tstockstill (11/1/2010)
I've got a lot of experance with VS and am most comfortable working in that environment. I've created a trading system in VS 2010 (set to complie to NetFx 3.5). Now that I have the system started I would like to bootstrap it into RE to execute. I'm not really sure how to "teach" RE that the system exists (I know how to drop off plugins but not systems) and have RE run the system live. Any help would be appreciated.

T
So I looked at the command line switch and I don't see one that is "Load Trading System Assembly".  I see one for loading the project file (.reg)not one for loading my VS assembly.  The point being, I'm not trying to load RE from VS, but simply build and complie my assembly in VS and then load it into RE.  I don't necissarly need automation, just a way to tell RE to load and run a previously compiled assembly rather than trying to complie a RE project.

Thanks,

T

You need an .rep file to load in RightEdge. However, you can then edit and compile it in Visual Studio. We even have a command to create a Visual Studio project from a RightEdge project (go to the System\Visual Studio menu when you have a project open).

Additionally, if you don't want RightEdge to ever compile the trading system, you can open the .rep file in a text editor and set the AssemblyOnly property to true.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday November 16 2010
Thanks, that was what I needed. I've got the two projects fully integrated now.