Profile Picture

Quick Question

Posted By jjlamb24 6 Years Ago
I am new to RE.  I understand how to design a system simply using the drag and drop from the System Components.  Unfortunately, this is pretty limited.  I would like to add code for a trailing stop, etc. 

However, I can't figure out how to modify a system that was made using the drag and drop method, at the code level.  I'm not sure where to go to see and modify the code. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

Posted Monday February 07 2011
ANYONE? 

All I need to know, is were can I modify the code for a system?

No one knows?

-Jim

phg
Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)Supreme Being (48,387 reputation)
Posted Tuesday February 08 2011
Jim,

You can create mixed strategies, a part on the DnD and the rest in code. The code can reference elements on the DnD. There should be some examples of this somewhere, but I don't recall where at the moment.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Wednesday February 09 2011
The drag and drop doesn't generate code. This means you don't run into an issue where you modify the code and now it's out of sync with what you dragged and dropped. You can have both drag and drop components and code in the same system, and they can interact (ie your code can access indicators or other components you've set up in the drag and drop).

Thanks,
Daniel
Thanks for the replys.  If you can have both drag and drop components as well as code in one system, where in the program do I go to add the code?

Thanks,

Jim

In the Trading System window there is a tree of items that make up your project. Double-click on the code file with the same name as your system to open it. It will be YourSystemName.cs or YourSystemName.vb.

Thanks,
Daniel