Profile Picture

SQL "Invalid object name 'BarData

Posted By jpersaud 6 Years Ago
After i created and conncted to a Database in SQL , i tried to download data it and i got this error.  Ran the test connection and everyting is fine.  I dont see any Symbols in the database.

An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown.
Invalid object name 'BarData'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at RightEdge.DataStorage.SQLServerStorage.DoLoadBars(String symbolId, DateTime startDateTime, DateTime endDateTime, Int32 maxLoadBars, Boolean loadFromEnd)
   at RightEdge.DataStorage.SQLServerStorage.LoadBars(SymbolFreq symbol, DateTime startDateTime, DateTime endDateTime, Int32 maxLoadBars, Boolean loadFromEnd)
   at RightEdge.Common.OldDataStoreWrapper.x27716114a68ffa6b.Load(DateTime start, DateTime end, Int64 maxItems, Boolean loadFromEnd)
   at RightEdge.Common.DataStorageUtil.GetLastBarDate(IDataStore storage, SymbolFreq symbol)
   at RightEdge.xd509be1670bd46b3.x531d93f037fc81d1(Dictionary`2 x273c212ea6c4689b)

Edited: Sunday February 13 2011 by jpersaud
Posted Sunday February 13 2011
Go to the SQL Server Data Store options, and change the database format from BackwardsCompatible to Default.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Thursday March 17 2011
Daniel,

Can you post the updated plugin code, especially for the DataStorage project? I'd prefer to keep the db in the Default format in order to save tick data; however, the latest code on github does not work with the new db format.

Thanks, Duane
Posted Thursday March 17 2011
The data storage plugin code is now included in the RightEdge samples which are installed with RightEdge. That version should always be up to date.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Friday March 18 2011
The code in AppData\Roaming\Yye Software\RightEdge\2010.1.0.0\Samples\C#\DatabaseDataStore is not compiling:

'DatabaseDataStore' does not implement interface member 'RightEdge.Common.IBarDataStorage.GetBarCount(RightEdge.Common.SymbolFreq, System.DateTime, System.DateTime)'

Also, in LoadBars/DoLoadBars, the code is referring to the db table BarData and uses BarDateTime both which I believe are from earlier versions of the db (my version is using the Bar table and BarStartTime). I have build 16 installed and the sample code from the same build. Is the code that is installed with newer builds different or is there a different folder that the sample code is installed in?

Please advise.

Thanks, Duane
Posted Friday March 18 2011
The code you are looking for is in AppData\Roaming\Yye Software\RightEdge\2010.1.0.0\Samples\RightEdgePlugins\DataStorage. LinqToSqlStorage.cs is the bulk of the SQL server plugin code.

Thanks,
Daniel