Profile Picture

OCA Orders

Posted By blousetrader 6 Years Ago
Hi guys - was support for OCA order types ever added in? I want to issue a stop and a trailing stop at the same time and have one cancelled if the other is filled. I recently hit the situation were both had got within 1 tick of each other and both got filled effectively reversing my position.
Posted Monday June 27 2011
It's not in RE 2010. It will be part of the next major version.

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Thursday January 16 2014
Hi,

Two questions:

1. When we will see OCA orders in RE?
2. What is the work-around in a mean time?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
TY

Edit: To clarify. I am after bracket order to reside on IB side. Thank you

Edited: Thursday January 16 2014 by Co0olCat
Posted Thursday January 16 2014
Hi,

I have looked at current implementation of bracket orders in RE -> given that it is shaped around IB -> I would suspect that that brackets orders would be easily accessible.

To keep orders working locally when PT and SL defined as absolute levels is dangerous.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
TY
Posted Friday January 24 2014
1. Sorry, although it is something I would like to eventually support I don't expect native bracket order support in RightEdge anytime soon.
2. When opening a position, you could pass bracket information to the broker in the Tag or CustomString properties of the PositionSettings. The IB plugin could be modified to understand that data and set up a bracket order. However, after the open position order is filled, RightEdge will need to have orders corresponding to the PT/SL bracket orders. Otherwise RightEdge and the system won't have any way of getting notified when one of them is filled. So the system should submit PT/ST orders after the position is opened, and the broker plugin should "link" those with the existing brackets on the open position instead of submitting new orders to the broker.

Thanks,
Daniel