Profile Picture

How to run the trading system?

Posted By trade2818 6 Years Ago
I just downloaded the trading system. But I have no idea how to run it. Please inform.
phg
Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)
Posted Friday July 15 2011
We need more information, to find out just where you have gotten to. First, we assume you have downloaded and installed RE. Further, we assume you have 'executed' RE, so you have RE window(s) displayed on your monitor. Good so far?

Have you figured out how to create and populate a watchlist? (Just a few symbols to start with, perhaps 6?)

Have you figured out how to configure Yahoo downloading of OHLCV for the symbols in your watchlist?

That's a start . . .

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Friday July 15 2011
Thank you for taking the time to reply my message.

As I mentioned, I just downloaded the platform.

I dont know what is the next step in order to run the auto trading

system.  I dont know where can I get those kinds of information.

Thansk.

phg
Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)Supreme Being (44,837 reputation)
Posted Saturday July 16 2011
Let me suggest two things:

• Read the documentation. It really is pretty good on how to get set up and running.
  • Follow the steps in my first post. Post here when you have a problem with a step.

It's a short learning curve. Once you get the hang of it things work rather well.

-Pete

Posted Monday July 18 2011
Is there any online demo to show me how to run the system?
phg
Posted Tuesday July 19 2011
I don't know of a demo. However, this might get you started:

• Download one of the trading systems from the "Community" tab on the RE home page. Pick a simple strategy.
  • Start RE. Under "File" open the trading system you downloaded (and unzipped if needed).
  • Under "System" click "Run Simulation".

That's it. It is just that straight forward. Note: the above steps assume you followed my previous post about creating a watchlist and retrieving historical quotes with Yahoo.

Please post here the steps you have taken. That will be a big help in advising you what to do next.

-Pete