Profile Picture

load historic data

Posted By viorel_br 6 Years Ago
Hi,
I am new to this forum, I found about this platform recently and I want to test it. So I have some questions .(If this question was already asked I apologize)
My question is how can I load the data from a csv file for a given stock? Let's say i have the data for AIG (from yahoo finance) and I want to run a simulation based on this data.
I need to import it?I have tried but i receive a strange error saying "bars out of order at 2011/10/06" .
I have to do other steps in order to be able to load this data?

Thank you
Posted Monday October 10 2011
You can get data directly from Yahoo, you do not have to import the data. In this particular case, if you imported it, it looks like maybe you had the date format set incorrectly.

viorel_br (10/10/2011)
Hi,
I am new to this forum, I found about this platform recently and I want to test it. So I have some questions .(If this question was already asked I apologize)
My question is how can I load the data from a csv file for a given stock? Let's say i have the data for AIG (from yahoo finance) and I want to run a simulation based on this data.
I need to import it?I have tried but i receive a strange error saying "bars out of order at 2011/10/06" .
I have to do other steps in order to be able to load this data?

Thank you
Thanks for your answer,
What I did was to download the data manually from yahoo. I thought that after I downloaded in a csv file I need to import it.
But if I want the download to be automatically done(it is difficult to download manually all stocks) what should I do?
You should set up a service for yahoo historical data, and set up your watch list to use that service. Then you can download/update your data for the symbols in the watchlist with the "Update Historical Data" button in the watchlist toolbar.

Here are some FAQ topics with more details:
Setting up historical data for Yahoo or Google
Watchlist FAQ

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday October 11 2011
Thanks Daniel,
it works.