Profile Picture

crash due to out of order bar data

Posted By trin4096 6 Years Ago
Downloaded 1 minute bar data from iqfeed. When I test my system, I get the crash (below). However, I ran the "data auto fix" first, but apparently it didn't fix this issue. What do I do now? Is there a way to have it ignore bad data rather than outright crash?

Thanks

Out of order time: 6/23/2007 10:00:00 AM Current time: 6/25/2007 9:29:00 AM
at RightEdge.Common.Internal.SystemRunner.xd47e553b3f44395c(DateTime xccf8b068badcb542)
at RightEdge.Common.Internal.SystemRunner.ProcessBarEvents(IEnumerable`1 eventList)
at RightEdge.Common.FrequencyManager.SendPendingBars()
at RightEdge.Common.FrequencyManager.UpdateTime(DateTime dateTime)
at RightEdge.Common.FrequencyManager.ProcessTick(Symbol symbol, TickData tick)
at RightEdge.Common.Internal.SystemRunner._tickGenerator_NewTick(Object sender, NewTickEventArgs e)
at RightEdge.Common.TickGenerator.ProcessBar(NewBarEventArgs args)
at RightEdge.Common.Internal.SystemRunner.ProcessBar(NewBarEventArgs newBars)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(SystemData systemData, SharedSystemRunData runData, ServiceFactory brokerFactory)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
at RightEdge.Shared.SystemWrapper.RunSystem(String filename, ServiceFactory brokerFactory, PluginSettings dataStoreSettings)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.Run(String filename)
at RightEdge.Shared.TradingModuleWrapper.RunSystem(SharedSystemRunData systemRunData)
at RightEdge.SystemProgress.InitAndRunSystem()
Posted Tuesday December 06 2011
It seems like the IQFeed plugin is returning out of order data, which it's not supposed to do. You could manually fix the errors in the bar data editor if there are only a few of them. Otherwise, look at the RetrieveData method in IQFeedService.cs. You can modify the code to either sort the bars or drop the ones that are out of order, then delete your data and re-download.

Thanks,
Daniel