Profile Picture

Newbie Q: how to get run # from the optimization runs?

Posted By suzhe 5 Years Ago
Hi,

I set up an optimization with different parameters. For each run, I would like to output some customized data.  Later I want to associate each of my customized data with the set of optimization parameters.  One natural way I can think of was to use the "run #" in the optimization.  So I would if there's any way to retrieve that in code.  If not, is there an easy alternative to associate the optimization parameters with the run? 

Thank you,

Zhendi

Posted Friday June 29 2012
There isn't a built in way to do this. I've added a work item to add one.

However, the optimization is controlled by an optimization plugin. We include the source code to the default optimization plugin in the samples. So you could modify that code to set the value of a system parameter to the current optimization run number. You can do this by adding the following line in the CreateRunItems() method just before the line that says "ret.Add(item);":

item.ParameterValues.Add(new KeyValuePair<string, double>("OptimizationRunNumber", runNo));

Thanks,
Daniel
For the next build, I've added a RunNumber property to SystemData which will have this information.

Thanks,
Daniel
Thanks Daniel.  When is the next build that has RunNumber going to be available?

-Zhendi

Posted Sunday July 01 2012
We don't have an ETA for the next build. Usually we release an updated build every few months.

Thanks,
Daniel