Profile Picture

Simulation Help

Posted By herd 5 Years Ago
I have four symbols with tick and bar data. I am able to run a simulation on one of the symbols, but the other three lock-up at Step-2 Initializing. What should I do?
Posted Sunday August 19 2012
Hmmm, I'm not sure what's going on here.

How much data do you have? Where did you get it from? Do you have roughly the same amount of bar and tick data for all the symbols? Does the data cover roughly the same dates? What do you have the lead bars and data/trade start date set to in your system properties?

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Sunday August 19 2012
The data for each of the symbols was recorded on the same day from an IB feed. The data is comprised of 1 day of tick and 1-minute bar data. Lead bars = 0, dates are blank. Thanks Daniel.
Posted Monday August 20 2012
Are you able to view the data in charts without running the simulation? Do you have the "Tick-level simulation" option enabled in the trading system properties?

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Monday August 20 2012
I can view charts outside of sim. Tick-level sim is enabled.
Posted Thursday August 23 2012
In case this provides a clue, tick and bar data that I was able to run a simulation on yesterday, now locks up at "Executing." The dialog "Marshalling data" doesn't appear to come up. Since then, I had recorded more data for different symbols, which currently work.

Edited: Thursday August 23 2012 by herd