Profile Picture

Showing all Open Positions/Pending Orders in case RightEdge crashes and all the data is lost

Posted By waqas 5 Years Ago

Showing all Open Positions/Pending Orders in case RightEdge crashes...

Hi,

In case there are Open Positions in RightEdge and RigthEdge crashes, and all the data is lost. RightEdge doesn't have a record at all of the Pending ORder or Open Positions anymore. In that case I am able to fetch all those positions from the Broker I am working with, but the issue now is that how do I display those Open Positions or Pending Orders on RightEdge GUI? Because RightEdge has no clue or record if it has sent these orders in the past.

Is there a way that I can show these Orders/Positions on the RE GUI?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: Friday November 23 2012 by waqas
Posted Sunday November 25 2012
Can anyone in the RE crew please reply to this as soon as possible. Thanks
Posted Wednesday December 12 2012
I'm not from RightEdge and the post below will not directly answer your question, but it does provide a solution to the LiveOpenPositions always being current so that when a crash does occur, you will not be missing pending positions (assuming that you timely resume after the crash).

http://www.rightedgesystems.com/forums/Topic13241-13-1.aspx?Highlight=LiveOpenPositions

Duane
Posted Thursday December 13 2012
Duane is right. The only record we keep is in the LiveOpenPositions.xml. This should get updated in the GUI assuming the user confirms that they are still opened.

waqas (11/23/2012)
Hi,

In case there are Open Positions in RightEdge and RigthEdge crashes, and all the data is lost. RightEdge doesn't have a record at all of the Pending ORder or Open Positions anymore. In that case I am able to fetch all those positions from the Broker I am working with, but the issue now is that how do I display those Open Positions or Pending Orders on RightEdge GUI? Because RightEdge has no clue or record if it has sent these orders in the past.

Is there a way that I can show these Orders/Positions on the RE GUI?

Any help?

Thanks in advance.