Profile Picture

How to import metastock or csv data

Posted By wilki2021 4 Years Ago
I'm a new user evaluating a few different backtest platforms. I spent some time with the UI and documentation and didn't see an obvious way to get data in that didn't come from one of the handful of services that you support. Specifically I would like to get back-adjusted continuous futures data into the system. I think I have found a few sources for that (would love suggestions here too), but the data would come in metastock on ascii/csv.

Thanks for the help.
Posted Wednesday January 16 2013
The nice thing about RightEdge is that it uses a plugin architecture which enables the ability to support any type data (see the “Service and Plugin Overview” in the help file). Examples of plugins can be found in your AppData\Roaming\Yye Software\RightEdge\2010.1.0.0\Samples\RightEdgePlugins directory.

Duane
Posted Wednesday January 16 2013
I use metastock data for my data. It is a bit of work to set it up but works well now.

Posted Thursday January 17 2013
Also, you can import data from a text file (like a csv) without needing to write a service. Go to Tools\Import Bar and Tick data.

For more information, see this help topic: Importing Data

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday August 25 2015
kaizen (1/16/2013)
I use metastock data for my data. It is a bit of work to set it up but works well now.

Hi Kaizen, I am also using Metastock and am wondering if you can give me a PM or email about how to go about getting the data into RightEdge. I also use one called IRESS as well so I'm paying for ASX intra day data twice!
Regards,

Craig

Tags