Profile Picture

Bug reports

Posted By mark0419 4 Years Ago
I'm in the process of getting my indicators ported over to the new version of RE and am doing a lot of tweaking on the basic quick charts. While playing around with my chart settings, I've found a couple of bugs...

BUG #1 : When managing chart settings, selecting "change" brings up a list of indicators in the settings. If you select an indicator and click "remove", after confirming the removal in "are you sure" prompt, the indicator still shows in the "chart settings change" indicator list box. You have to close and re-open the change dialog to see the changes. This situation leads to a bigger problem in that you can also still select the already removed indicator. If you then try to change the properties of a removed indicator RE throws an exception.

An exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RightEdge.ChartSettingsChange.xf26140e05542e53e(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)   

BUG #2 : When managing chart settings if you remove all indicators on a sub-pane, the sub-pane itself is not removed when the settings are applied. If you then right click on the now empty sub-pane and select "close pane", nothing happens. A second right click on the empty sub pane triggers an exception.

An exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RightEdge.x12ca728e0d6c36e0.x6a6517f71a8a7979(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, MouseEventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc)
at System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BUG #3 : When adding an indicator that cannot be added (due to a missing input series), if the indicator was going to be displayed on a new sub-pane, a sub pane is created anyway and the chart display settings are not applied.

Cheers,
Mark