Profile Picture

Run Simulation and Broker plugin

Posted By neo 4 Years Ago
Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)
Posted Sunday May 05 2013
At first thought, I imagined simulation run needs the paper broker to work. I tried a few things to confirm this point:

Firstly, after remove the paper broker in the symbol configuration, and leave it blank. Simulation on a strategy is still run successfully, and it gives the same position list and other calculated results.

Second, configure a different broker plugin (a dummy plugin created for testing, which doesn't implement any broker logic, but empty methods throwing not implemented exceptions), the simulation is still run successfully and results calculated the same.

My question is therefore, which component is responsible to store the positions of the simulation? Earlier I thought it would probably be broker, but apparently it's other components that does the bit.
Posted Monday May 06 2013
Go to the "Configure Services" dialog and at the bottom there's a dropdown to choose the backtesting broker. When running a backtest, that is the broker that will be used (instead of whatever you have set up in the symbol setup).

Thanks,
Daniel
neo
Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)Supreme Being (3,747 reputation)
Posted Wednesday May 08 2013
It worked as said. Thanks!