Profile Picture

How can I confident that Configure Service pull the correct data into Watchlist ?

Posted By neosky 4 Years Ago

How can I confident that Configure Service pull the correct data into...

Hi RightEdge Team,

I practice on demo version of RightEdge version 2010 build 49 and try to setup watchlist and download history data from yahoo and google, Refer to picture "1.jpg"

Then, I setup "watchlist" and create "fake name" such as A, B, C, DD, ETH and click on the "update historical data". Refer to picture "2.jpg"

I expect software should generate some error that "cannot find the stock symbol data" or other some error message because I create "fake name" but it's not. Software download all the history data more than a thousand records (daily bar).

Refer to picture "2.jpg", you can see the chart show "daily bar" on symbol "DD".

I'm not understand what these data come from ?

I also not understand that how "Configure Service" will know which symbols from yahoo/google will match with the symbols on the "Watchlist" which I created ?

Could you please advise me?

Thank you very much

Attachments
1.JPG (183 views, 88.00 KB)
2.JPG (179 views, 119.00 KB)
phg
Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)Supreme Being (44,749 reputation)
Posted Wednesday November 20 2013
Looking at your "2.jpg" image, all of those symbols (letters) are valid stock symbols which is why Yahoo is able to retrieve data for them. This is easy to check by bringing the Yahoo finance page up in your browser and asking for a quote. I don't know what broker you are using but you can always ask for a quote there as well. Either way you will get an error response if the symbol is not valid.

Under Rightedge, "Historical Data Retrieval" will give you an error message for an invalid symbol. Try 'GGXZ" --> No security found.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

Posted Wednesday November 20 2013
Hi Pete,

Oh, you're right. It's my mistake. Thank you very much for your advise Smile