Profile Picture

IB .NET Plugin where to find...

Posted By benzeen 3 Years Ago
I am an Interactive Brokers user and would like to be able to implement automated trading/live feed downloads from that platform/brokeraage. I was trying to set-up the IB services feed and it indicated this is a pure .NET plugin...which I have yet to find. Can someone help this lost IB soul? Smile

Thanks in advance to all responses.

Best
Stephen
Posted Saturday March 29 2014
It may be in your AppData\Roaming\Yye Software\RightEdge\2010.1.0.0\Samples\RightEdgePlugins

Alternatively, it can be found at https://github.com/dsplaisted/RightEdgePlugins

Duane
Posted Sunday March 30 2014
Unfortunately, I don't see it in either location.

Any other suggestions?
phg
Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)Supreme Being (44,655 reputation)
A different approach: Start TWS. Then start RE and navigate to Tools > Configure Services. IB should be available out-of-the-box. (Just verify; nothing needs changing.)

Create a watch list. Right-click the watch list and navigate to Configure Folder > Services. Select TWS in three places. Set "Data Download Start Time" to something reasonable within TWS constraints (use a recent start-date, depending on frequency).

Let us know how that goes.

-Pete

See also Yahoo group about applying RE.

I wouldn't recommend using the GitHub repository. It hasn't been updated since I started including the source code automatically in RightEdge - which was 4 years ago.

To get to the source code installed with RightEdge, go to Help\About in RightEdge, click on the link to the Application Data Folder, and then under that look under Samples\RightEdgePlugins.

In that folder there's a solution with all the plugins, and the IB one is named TWSCSharpPlugin.

For more instructions on how to build and use the plugins, see here.

Thanks,
Daniel