Profile Picture

Automatic import of daily data

Posted By maysec 3 Years Ago
I'm assuming that the RE import csv files is manual and not configurable for automatic daily import.

Given this, would I implement a Data Retrieval plugin to automate the daily import of a stock data text file ?

I had thought originally to implement a Data Store plugin to my DB, but maybe the Data Retrieval is simpler. I am a low frequency - daily, weekly trader so maybe a Data Store plugin is over the top.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated (even sod-off and stop wasting our time would be fine!!)

[PS. not a signed up user yet - but I am definitely going to use RE - takes a bit of time to get to grips with it but it is really flexible and I'm beginning to like it !]

Thank you.
Posted Friday April 04 2014
yes, creating your own data retrieval plugin is the easiest.

Duane
Posted Friday April 04 2014
Thanks Duane
Posted Friday May 16 2014

Given this, would I implement a Data Retrieval plugin to automate the daily import of a stock data text file ?

It's quite easy to handle this. I made my own data retrieval plugin (which pulls data from my in-house database). Then I made a simple bat file, which runs RightEdge with command line parameters to download fresh data and run a few automated systems. Set the Windows Task Scheduler to automatically run the bat file every morning, and you're done.