Profile Picture

Multiple System Results Plugins issue

Posted By thinkjohn 3 Years Ago
Hello All,

I have a VS2010 Solution with several Projects for Strategies and two Projects for System Results Plugins.  As part of building my solution, I copy the System Results Plugins to the RightEdge Plugins folder.

When I next launch RightEdge, the plugins should be available for use, but they are not.  Only one is available.

Both of the Plugins work individually if I only have their files in the Plugins folder.  If I have both sets of files, only one appears for selection in RightEdge.

They have different names and run just fine, I just can't get RightEdge to display both at the same time in the list of available System Results Plugins.

Is there a way to debug what is happening or is this a known issue or "feature" of RightEdge?

Thanks,
John

Posted Friday October 17 2014
Probably this is caused because you are using the same ID for each plugin.  What do the attributes where you specify the plugin name, description, and ID look like?

Thanks,
Daniel
Posted Tuesday November 18 2014
I have the same ID.  Did not see that, thank you.

How do I generate a new one?  Do I have to add something to the project?

<RightEdge.Common.SystemResultsAttribute(Name:="AnalysisTool System Results", Description:="This contains a list of actions executed during the processing of AnalysisTool information", Author:="Hartz Capital, Inc.", Id:="{3F213CFA-5B97-4caa-B806-7D81E584249C}", Version:="1.1", HelpText:="Hartz Capital, Inc. custom plugin for generating AnalysisTool related information.")> _

<RightEdge.Common.SystemResultsAttribute(Name:="PerTrac System Results", Description:="This contains a list of actions executed during the processing of PerTrac information", Author:="Hartz Capital, Inc.", Id:="{3F213CFA-5B97-4caa-B806-7D81E584249C}", Version:="1.1", HelpText:="Hartz Capital, Inc. custom plugin for generating PerTrac related information.")> _

Posted Friday November 21 2014
You just need to change the Id of the SystemResultsAttribute to be unique for each plugin.  Right now it is the same for both plugins.  The samples use a GUID but you can choose any unique string (for example the plugin name would also work).

Thanks,
Daniel